SOLIDARITAS commited to help participatory planners and implementers of development agencies to develop the design of monitoring and evaluation based on program needs.
SOLIDARITAS believes that the Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) is an important part of the program cycle. M& E be a means of control to ensure the program runs according to plan. M & E also become an important source of learning for the perpetrators of programs to improve the quality of program implementation and delivery possibilities for innovation in the future.
SOLIDARITAS provide M & E design development services for a wide range of issues and themes of community development programs. There are three specific services, namely (1) Development of a comprehensive design; (2) Review the program logic; (3) Review the design and M & E frameworks that already exist.
M & E design was developed in a participatory manner, involving program managers, considering aspects of management, accountability and availability of time, budget and human resources. Therefore, the approach taken by SOLIDARITAS are:
- Program Logic Review Together with program managers conduct a review of the program logic, the result framework, or the theory of change. A review helpful to collectively – the same view point – the point where the essential key to happen in order to achieve certain objectives.
- M & E Identification Needs. At this stage, identification of information needs of the parties concerned with the program. These needs will be a consideration in prioritization M & E information that will be produced and when the information is needed.
- Practice M & E Reflection Together with program managers reflect M & E practices carried out previously. Reflection will be the basis for determining the basic principles of the design of M & E to be developed.
- Development of M & E Concept Framework The conceptual framework developed with a “key question”, so as to accommodate the needs on their performance indicators and other information needs as well as to encourage the idea of the use of information by implementing the program.
- Development of Implementation M &E Approach and Reality Check The implementation approach adapted to the context and the needs and priorities of the program. In addition, there should be a reality check on the proposed approach taking into account time and capacity available.
Some clients who have ulitized the service of Monitoring and Evaluation Design are: