Training of “Evaluative Thinking” is designed to introduce various basic concepts of high quality evaluation design and implementation. Participants will learn evaluative reasoning, which is different from research, and is a foundation of all evaluation intended for answering evaluative questions that have implication to judgement. Participants will also be assisted to define the scope of an evaluation study and develop an evaluation schedule for a program as well as considering evaluation models in accordance with program’s needs and value.
Participant will have the opportunity to learn and apply approaches that have been developed by SOLIDARITAS and Clear Horizon (Australia) over several years. The training is interactive, with participant working in small group to understand and apply the concepts that are introduced.
Expected Training Results
By the end of the training, participants are expected to:
- Understand the general definition of evaluation (and relation between monitoring and evaluation)
- Understand process and basic elements of evaluative thinking
- Understand the fondational consideration in scoping and managing an evaluation study
- Understand various evaluation criteria that is frequently used in program evaluation
- Understand different perpectives on what “good evaluation” should be like.
- Mampu mengembangkan rencana umum untuk evaluasi di dalam sebuah program
- Possess the ability to develop a general plan of program evaluation.
This training will be held in Bahasa Indonesia and is ideal for junior- or mid-level practitioners and academics who are eager to enhance their conceptual understanding of evaluation in order to improve capacity as evaluation and/or MONEV practitioners
Mark has extensive and varied experience related to M&E, including evaluation design, survey design and management, participatory reflection, and the design of data management processes and systems. Since beginning to work in Indonesia in 2010, Mark has worked with many different donor programs and Indonesian organizations on improving the quality and usefulness of their M&E.
Nanda is a Director at SOLIDARITAS. He lead SOLIDARITAS work related to the development of M&E systems design and implementation. He has more than 10 years experience in developing M&E system for NGOs and donors in various location in Indonesia.
Price: IDR 7.500.000
Available for max 3 people.
Available for participants funded by Indonesian NGOs, universities, and government agencies.
For further information on discounts, please contact email@example.com.